Friday, May 25, 2018

Going to the Balkans.

John Hemmen said Macedonia and Albania were some of the prettiest places he has biked (of course it wasn't hard to beat his several weeks of rain in eastern europe on the St. Petersburg ride). 





So when I saw the new Mountain Travel Sobek bike trip for the area, I signed up. He also said it was some of the hilliest riding he has done, so Kathy decided she would sit this one out (too much spring training is a real conflict with her passion - the garden).

Signing up for the trip was the easy part, getting to the start in Skopje was a lot tougher. I ended up flying to Frankfurt, where I'm staying overnight tonight, and will then fly into Skopje via Ljubljana, Croatia, tomorrow. So far so good - luggage has all arrived and the Hilton is just a short 1 block walk from the arrival/departure gates.

It has been a good year for early training on the wet coast. I got a nice start with a week with friends in Healdsburg and Paso Robles, and then returned to Seattle for the driest May on record. 




















Here's a picture of the Cascades today - pretty much the same blue sky day we've had every day the last 2 weeks.




I'm setting up a group list for my posts, so let me know if you'd like to get off the pseudo-spam email from my regular updates.  

And feel free to share the daily link with anyone you think might be interested. If they send me a quick email, I can add them to the e-list as well.



Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment